Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Opinions of the 1.0 MHEV 125 / 155Hp Model

City
Wolverhampton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Looking at Fiesta MHEV
Afternoon All,

I am new to the forum. I am considering an MHEV model fiesta as my next car and I am hoping to get some opinions on them from people that own and drive one currently. I am considering the MHEV as my driving consists of 50% motorway, 25% A roads and 25% country lanes. Regeneration to the battery would be good on the stop start country lane and in town, and the efficient little petrol engine would be good on the motorway. (I have had a 1.0 non mhev fiesta before and found it would achieve really good mpg when I wanted it to).

Could anyone share their opinions on the following.

- How does performance feel in the 125 or 155hp models? Is it a nice nippy car that feels like it isn't lacking?
- Does anyone have experience of both the non hybrid and the hybrid that could state what they noticed as a difference between the two?
- What is your typical average MPG and what style of journey do you usually do?
- Are there any known reliability issues with the MHEV models?

Thanks for any help! And I look forward to owning one in the future (well, unless people say they are terrible in their replies! :ROFLMAO:)

Cheers :)

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
They don't sell Fiestas anymore in the US, so we don't get those models. 125 hp is about average for such a car, so it should have enough spunk for regular driving, and do great on fuel. With gas (petrol) prices rising like they are, that's an important factor. The torque rating is 155 (210 nm), which is very good for a little car. It should get up and go nicely. You should average 50+ (imperial) mpg with it.
Top Gear calls it "the best small car money can buy," so there's that. https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews...id-mhev-125-st-line-x-edition-5dr/first-drive
Let's also bear in mind that Ford uses an overboost feature for when you're really giving it the beans, which means more than 125 hp, temporarily. In Europe, they don't list that as the rated hp, so it's quicker than the numbers lead you to believe.

Hybrid cars have been around awhile, and they don't seem to have any issues. I'd get the 154 hp version!

Last edited: